Friday 23 March 2012

Jessica Simpson's Sugary Pregnancy Diet


Pop tarts (Jessica eats them with butter)
Photo Credit: Amanky/flickr

Eating anything you want, since you're already gaining while having a baby.  I think there are a lot of us out there that think this way.  Jessica Simpson is one of those people who is indulging in her childhood sugary snacks, buttered pop tarts being one of them.  Buttered pop tarts are a bit much--aren't pop tarts sugary and tasty enough without adding the fat.  She might as well deep fry them while she's at it.

Jessica told Extra

"I'm eating a lot of stuff I ate in my childhood.  Kraft Mac n' Cheese, pop tarts, Cap'n Crunch.  Everythings filled with sugar....I give in to my cravings. I'm like 'Yeah, I can do it. We'll worry about the rest afterwards,’” she admitted.

We can tell ourselves that these are craving that we should fulfil because pregnancy cravings must be fulfilled.  It's more likely an excuse to go hog wild with our self control and use pregnancy as an excuse to do this. 

In effect, we are doing potential harm to ourselves and our babies future health by not eating properly.  A high-sugar, low-nutrient diet can increase our chance of developing gestational diabetes and does not help provide the best nutrition for a growing baby.  As well, we can increase the birth weight of our babies by eating this way and increase their future chance of developing obesity

What I don't get is how you can eat all you want and then pose nude for a magazine while pregnant and eating everything you want.  Now that takes confidence.  I don't know how much Photoshop came into play for that photo though as everything still looks firm on her Elle Magazine Cover Shot.

Does anyone else want to "weigh" in on this and also "weigh" in on the magazine cover.  Would you want your children seeing this cover shot while checking out at the grocery store.

Let all your opinions "hang out" below in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment