Sunday 5 February 2012

Focus on The Notebook Actors


Photo by friskytuna on flickr

 
Rachel McAdam's who played Allie on The Notebook currently lives in Toronto, Ontario Canada.  She was born in London, Ontario and grew up in nearby St. Thomas, Ontario.  Rachel attended York University in North York, Ontario and majored in Theatre.

Rachel's breakout roles were in Mean Girls and the Notebook.  To tell you the truth, I actually disliked Rachel when I saw her in Mean Girls and The Family Stone because she played the mean girl roles so well.  However, I quickly changed my mind when I watched the Notebook.  I loved the way Rachel looked in the vintage 1940's clothing and hairstyles.  Rachel actually loves to shop in vintage clothing stores.

Rachel's reaction to The Notebook:  "I'm a sucker for those sweeping love stories. When I read the script (The Notebook (2004)), I couldn't stop crying! I just had such a powerful, instantaneous reaction - it was written so well."

In The Notebook, Rachel played the wealthy Southern Belle,Allie, a rich, young girl who falls madly in love with a boy from the wrong side of the tracks (played by fellow Canadian, Ryan Gosling).

Both Ryan and Rachel are Canadian actors who were born at the same hospital--St. Joseph's in London, Ontario.  They went on to have a love affair together after filming The Notebook in mid-2005 to mid-2007.  They are no longer together.  Ryan and Rachel actually had a combative relationship while filming The Notebook.  You can see how that contributed to a very passionate movie.  Rachel is currently in a relationship with Michael Sheen, a Welsh actor.  Her most recent movie, The Vow is out in theatres on February 10, 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment