Saturday 11 February 2012

Whitney Houston You Were Amazing

We Will Always Love You

My husband just woke me up to tell me about the passing of the great talent Whitney Houston.  The first thing that came to my mind before I even had a chance to think was "The Body Guard" and I Will Always Love You.  What an unbelievable voice and talent.
Source:  DefenseImagery Author: PH2 Mark Kettenhofen

Whitney is dead at the age of 48.  She was found in the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.  Whitney was supposed to attend Clive Davis' Pre-Grammy party at the Hotel on Saturday night-the Eve of the Grammys. Clive Davis discovered the talent of Whitney Houston. Whitney was the cousin of Dionne Warwick and god daughter of Aretha Franklin.

Tony Bennett paid tribute to Whitney by telling CNN that "Whitney had a God-given gift of being a magnificent singer and artist...To me she was one of the greatest singers I have ever heard." Tony says that he has regrets that he will never be able to fulfil his wish to sing with Whitney Houston.

Smokey Robinson told CNN,  "I am shocked....It is the last thing I expected to hear today. Whitney was like family to me, I've known her family and her forever... I know that she will be remembered well.  Whitney was a sweety pie and I know she would want to be remembered that way."  Smokey was referring to Whitney's personal problems and how he hopes that they will not overshadow the memories of her talent.

Whitney's life was plagued by substance abuse and a troubled marriage to Bobby Brown.

Whitney won six Grammy Awards.  Whitney's Top 10 Hits are:
  1. I Will Always Love You
  2. Greatest Love of All
  3. How Will I Know
  4. All The Man That I Need
  5. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Somebody Who Loves Me)
  6. Where Do Broken Hearts Go
  7. Didn't We Almost Have it All
  8. Saving All My Love for You
  9. I'm Your Baby Tonight
  10. So Emotional
For Canadians in Ontario,The Body Guard is on Sunday, February 12 at 8 p.m. on  Channel 11 CHCH.

Feel free to comment on your feelings below.

No comments:

Post a Comment