|Happy Leap Day!|
Photo Credit: Daniel Moyle
Lippin lizards, kangaroos, rabbits, frogs or any other leaping animal or creature, it's Leap Year!
Happy Birthday Leap Year babies. If you were born today you age slower since your birthday only comes around every four years. That means that today will be a major celebration.
Imagine what you would do for your birthday, if you could only celebrate it once every four years. The chance of being born on a leap year is 1 in 1,461.
However, I have heard that being born on February 29 can come with some hassles. Here is a list of some problems people come across as a leap year baby:
- They can only have a birthday party on their real birthday every four years. This is difficult for children as schools could overlook their special day and not get acknowledged.
- Computers have a problem with people born on February 29. Everyone has had to explain their age discrepancies to officials for administration of important matters at some time because of this.
- You can't get you license until you are 64 years old--according to computers.
- You can't get a free birthday meal or other treats from restaurants.
- The tax man isn't on board with this and somehow manages to over look the loop hole---it figures.
- Your facebook friends never know when your birthday is.
- You are younger than you look. Now there's a compliment!
Photo Credit: Subhash Chandra/flickr
I have collected a list of books to help you or your children understand your/their leap year birthday's:
It's My Birthday....Finally! A Leap Year Story by Michelle Whitaker Winfrey
Leopold's Long Awaited Leap Year Birthday.by Dawn Desjardins
Mommy, Where's My Birthday? by Lakisha Cornell